Life, now makes many of us opt to work from home. The Internet, just another tool, gives us this possibility. Working from home can be a rewarding experience, and like all others, has its pros and cons.
The good thing to perform the tasks at home is that you can go straight from bed to the computer. That was when I was working at home: he could move things with my pajamas and could start getting up later. The bad: being at home is a distraction, the vice of having the television on and have my mom, for me, asking me to help with chores. Maybe in your case the distraction when your kids are home from school.
Anyway, if you want to start a business or professional realizarte, your home may be your first choice, at least to begin or until you have a larger budget that allows you to rent an office away from home. I leave you with some ideas to get you started:
1. Space Division
This is crucial and most importantly it is vital that your house have a special room that you can use as an office. If not and you have to convert or use an existing space in your house (living room, dining room, under the stairs), you see how to separate properly. How?
- A large stable rack, which is a solid wood structure with metal, for example, to simulate a wall, and that in turn allows you to store your documents and books.
- A screen or panel, if accounts with less space. What is the tone of your office and according to the style of your workplace.
- The ideal is to have a natural light source, ie a window. I think the best option, since, apart from providing light and afford nice save energy during the day, looking out the window-personally gets me in a good mood.
- Yes, the window of frontally not your computer, it can screw up your vision. That natural lighting is indirect.
- If you do not have a window and no way to build it, using white light sources, to give you more energy and life to your space. Fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent. And always opt for bulbs or energy saving light bulbs to protect the environment.
- A lamp is also a good option. You can get a halogen lamp or stand to place in a corner, and one that directly illuminate your desktop. The can drop from the ceiling or side of your workspace.
- Looking for multifunctional furniture that can help you save space and accommodate all your work items. For example, a bookcase or a chest of drawers where you can store files and use the top as a side table.
- You can also opt for small tables or bookcases on casters that allow you to move and rearrange as you get bigger or when you need more space for any activity or visit.
- Basic: desk and chair. But not everyone. Choose from desks with drawers or are just the table. My advice, if you have a large shelf with room for your stuff go for a desk without drawers, are more modern, I like tempered glass board. If you are more classic, go by the desk with melamine or wood crates.
- The chair, not that your dining tailings. Invest in an ergonomic chair that allows you to be comfortable and watch your posture, remember that you will be sitting there all day. Again, you combine your chair and be consistent with the style of your desktop to make it look harmonious.
- If you receive clients in your office, you should consider extra chairs for your desktop, and if gives you the space, a conference table with at least four chairs.
- An original idea is to decorate the office as the subject of your work. For example, if an audiovisual company, you can put posters of classic movies or TV or movie motifs.
- Another option is to decorate it according to your taste, if you like photography can expand some you’ve taken and frame, or if you like nature, opt for such elements (plants, flowers, landscapes, etc..).
- You can add items such as decorative lamps, vases or chair cushions for visitors.
What you can not miss, as last detail of your new office:
- A whiteboard or cork to score your earrings, important phone numbers and key dates.
- Organizing papers for desktop, without that, it’s very simple that you lose important documents.
- You use a basket as Tachito garbage.
These ideas are the basics and main to keep in mind to start creating your own workspace at home. The ideal is to separate your home office so that the two worlds do not mix. Tell us what you think of these ideas or how you you organized your own home office.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.